Wednesday, December 06, 2006

TSK!

Hello world.

IT Show; aka Sitex 2006 @ Expo was bad.
Poor sales, for me. And for Liang Chaowei, Yaosheng, Ahsiao, Uncle John(some of the oldtimers there) all had pretty below average sales.
Fuck Expo! never going to an Expo show again!

Attended Alyssa's birthday on Saturday at Settler's Cafe at Katong.
Well, it was really fun playing those games. Although I arrived a little later then most people, I enjoyed myself pretty much.
Its a little late, but better late then never. Happy Birthday Alyssa.
Hopefully there are pics to post. lol.

I was sitting on the train today, makes me wonder sometimes, why are aunties and uncles so kiasu?

Kiasu
being greedy.. very very greedy...

E.g in a buffet restaurant
wa.. u so kiasu for what? one shot take 5 plates.. can finish or not?
www.urbandictionary.com

They are always as if they are in a rush, sometimes lugging a few bulky plastic bags. Banging into people. pushing people just to get through or get on the bus. They have to be the first to get on the bus and the first to get off. Sometimes, you just let it go. But when it becomes a kind of an everyday thing, doesn't it just plainly irritate the shit out of you?
Making the most irritating sound on earth "TSK" when you sometimes can't hear them to give way to them.
Don't you just feel like giving them 1 fucking tight slap on their face even though they are our elders?

Standing right in front of the door at the MRT. Blocking your way out of the train, squeezing into the train before anyone can alight. If you're unable to give way, the "TSK" sound is heard once again.

Sometimes they even scold you. And you won't even feel like scolding back sometimes because she is just going to fucking make a scene there out of you and her. Embarrassing you in the process. Fuck.

How I wished I had my bayonet with me so I can stab him/her. Ok usually its a her. Not being a sexist here but come on. You know it.

Seriously, they don't give a fuck about other people. How awkward the person is standing. How squeezy the other person is in that position as long as they, the aunties have enough space. What matters to them most importantly, is just they themselves only. Self-centred motherfuckers.

It just brings the joy out of me when I beat these aunties to a seat on the train. I don't know why. When I see them rushing like this inconsiderately, pushing people out of their way and preventing people alighting. It just brings my utility curve to a higher level. And having them stare at you glaringly. Nice. You do not deserve a seat. Even if you're older. Call me cek ark or what. It just rocks my boat.

I know, maybe I've seen only the unpleasant ones. And I know they are a lot of nice aunties out there. Those irritating ones, they are just a minority.

Then again, Its these kind of people that sometimes make me feel being embarassed being a Singaporean.
We are a developed country. We are supposed to be cultured enough to be considerate to other people.
But there are always black sheeps around wherever you go.

I'm awfully glad that no one in my family or my aunts are like this. Thank god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home