Friday, May 19, 2006

yet another football post

If you had read the recent footballing news...
Match fixing allegations have hit my favourite footballing nation, Italy, and my favourite club, Juventus.

Many people have disturbed me, saying the Juve could be relegated to Serie B,
laughing at my beloved club.
I didn't expect things could be this way.
Its not within my power to do anything.

Well, fuck you all.
My support for the club will always be there.
Its a real test of your support of the team.

Sidetracking a little.
In my previous post, people were scoffing off Italy.
I was browsing in Kinokuniya a few days back and I was flipping through this magazine called NewMan.
Or was it something else? Fuck it.
It was a singapore magazine.
There was an article on the coming World Cup.
There was this particular column about how many world cups each nation had won.
And they wrote Italy.
Only 2.
1934 & 1938.
Where's our 1982?
From here you can see, singaporeans don't give credit to Italy.
Only to the very muched overhyped England.
True they are strong.
But come on, what about the other teams in the world?
We only believe what the papers say.
They talk about England all day long. 24/7.
Although we didn't do well for the past few campaigns but we ain't 3 time champions for nothing.
What the fuck about England?
Only that 1 miserable pathetic time which was 1960?
Fuck off.
We have a strike force whose depth can only be matched by Brazil.
And our strikers are proven. On international level.
Boring football?
Its not the player's fault. Its the coach.
I'm not saying England's not good but I'm just simply pissed off by the way the Azzurri is painted in the papers.
And everyday when I buy the newspapers to read footballing news its as if I just bought the London times.
We shouldn't call the footballing column a footballing column anymore.
We should just call it, England's world cup column.
Not just Italy, and Argentina too.
Just not enough credit to them.
Respect.

Well back to the topic,
what would you people do if the team you support since young did that too?
Would you jump ship?
I bet you will.
Everyone supports only the biggest teams.
If they fall, the "supporters" would go ahead and support another team.
I wouldn't call them football fans.
Poseurs they are.
For they know nuts.
All they know is just to criticise, criticise and criticise.
Saying this no good, that no good.

Like the match last night between Barcelona and Arsenal.
Come on man, everyone who saw the match could agree that Arsenal were the more dangerous side.
To me, they are the true champions of Europe this season.
And to those people who don't give credit to the opposition who had played well,
please. Do me a favour.
Don't ever, call yourselves football fans.

Forza Italia.
Forza Juventus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home