Sunday, December 18, 2005

mixed emotions

Its been a hell of a long time since I wrote anything on this blog but what the hell, I'm back to stay-in life again already.
Mondays - Fridays stay in.

I've been arrowed yet again as an instructor for the 11th ASLC. There were mixed emotions about being an instructor.
I get to spend my Xmas, New Year and Chinese New Year whereas if I remain in flight, I'm on duty for all occasions.
I miss out on the off days.

Seeing the 11th ASLC peeps, there was a feeling of relieved, and yet fear.

Relieved. Is that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel already. Its there. with just a few more hurdles to go. My ORD. My freedom. The end of all sai kang. Such was relieved.
But what was pondering me, was what is my OC gonna do with so many specs in base?
The biggest bet was, we were gonna stay with our platoons. Continuing mounting.
BUT!
There obviously isn't enough beds for us to sleep.
Which means....
Rotational mounting for older specs?
I can see it. The Invincible Future.
Mount 1. Dismount 4?
The future is near.

What about fear?
yes. the usual question. the sum of all fears in NS.
What are you gonna do when you ORD?
Work? Study?
Well, I want to study. But to think that I'm already 24 by the time I ORD, its a little to old to be taking money from your parents right?
Studying part time? Its too demanding.
Work? I don't mind working but I don't see any future in me working directly in the society because I don't have a degree which opens me up to more career opportunities.
As I mentioned before, I wanted to study creative advertising. But it needs a portfolio.
And it happens that I seem to be a little weak in that. I need time to do up my portfolio. But I'm like staying in now? Which is 1 of the reasons I'm not really happy to be an instructor now. Ahhh...life.... shit happens uh?

Well...
Study?
Work?
Part time?

Whats your call?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home